Welcome to The Production Department (TPD for short)
We are a nifty and nimble company with a big ambition: to be the best bods in the events industry and deliver exceptional events around the ruddy world. We are built by and for event industry professionals. We know how hard it is to pull off the perfect event. We’ve done them enough times. But because we have, we’ve got the winning formula. Our team is made up of people with decades of experience in every type of event imaginable, so you’ll be working with some of the most experienced people in the industry.
What’s Important to TPD?
At TPD our values are the Gorilla Glue that hold together everything we do, and we expect our team to demonstrate their commitment to this Gorilla Glue on every job. Just what are these values, then?
• Trust – We ask ourselves questions, like, would we trust you to walk the dog? (Answer: probably.) Would we trust you to deliver, act professionally and take responsibility? (Answer: Every. Single. Time.) Could we trust you to find a solution? EVEN if you didn’t create the problem? (Answer: You betcha, that’s what we expect.)
• Partnership – Like Shrek and Donkey, together we can achieve great things. Relationships and partnerships are things that grow and compound over time. We make the effort to learn from our clients, colleagues and suppliers – how they work and accommodating their practices (and occasionally suggesting how they can make them better).
• Innovation – There’s no resting on our laurels around here. We innovate, we improve, we push things forward… and we expect the same of you. The words “we’ve tried that before” are always accompanied with “and this is what we learnt”.
• Pride, Passion & Fun – When people ask “what do you do?”, we say something like this: “we’ve travelled the globe, gone to places we would have never imagined, created experiences for people to enjoy, facilitated events that have changed the world, met colleagues from many cultures who have become friends and had a huge amount of fun along the way. We may not be saving lives, but we are not going to regret a single moment of ours.” We know you’ll want to say the same.
OK, Onto The Details
The Job Title: Production Manager (PM’s for short)
Location: Home based with UK and international travel for events as required
Our PM’s are the beating heart of the company, the ones that make the good stuff happen for our clients, running events and activations from here to Timbuktu. They manage multiple events across the year working with our partner agencies across the globe sharing their production expertise.
They also support Senior Production Managers and Technical Directors on larger projects leading on key elements on virtual events, roadshows, conferences and pop-up activations on major international sporting events.
All our PM’s from levels 1-3 are encouraged to embark on a pathway of personal development so they become the best and most knowledgeable in the biz. You’ll be supported to get industry qualifications from IOSH, Prince 2 and Avixa to name just a few.
• Manage client and agency relationships to organise and deliver a portfolio of events across the year – from small custom stand builds, conferences, exhibitions, outdoor events and brand activations, both nationally and internationally.
• Manage event budgets
• Work with suppliers to obtain quotes for projects and oversee delivery on site
• Build and maintain production schedules and detailed event plans for events and exhibitions
• Create RAMS documents and other health and safety documentation for all events (All PM’s will be required to pass an IOSH Managing Safely at Events and Exhibitions course if they have not already done so).
• Support the ops team with pitches and building budgets for new events
• Support the Senior PM’s and Technical Director on large events – taking responsibility for smaller events/areas within the larger project.
The role will often require travel within the UK and abroad, and a need to work flexibly across time zones to meet the needs of the project or client. A suitcase, a passport, and a clean pair of pants are essential parts of any Production Associate’s kit.
• Experienced events planner, ideally with a production focus and experience in exhibitions, conference and/ or activations. (min 2 years)
• Strong project management skills and experience of leading on-site teams/ suppliers to deliver.
• Good understanding of AV needs for events – from conferences to expos
• Good understanding of Power/Connectivity requirements to prepare briefs and liaise with suppliers
• Good understanding of construction methods/materials for exhibitions, stage sets and activations
• Good understanding of graphics artwork and print formats
• Ability to interpret floor plans and build packs – CAD/Vectorworks use beneficial
• Proficient in Googlesheets/Excel/Word/ and PPT – ability to pick up other equivalent software with ease
• Excellent relationship building skills
What We’ll Offer You
• £40,000 – £52,000 per annum depending on experience (Levels 1-3)
• 20 days holiday, plus an extra week at Christmas
• Continual professional development – we invest in you to become the best, so you will have a tailored L&D plan. All PM’s will be expected to complete First Aid training, IOSH and Avixa qualifications.
• Flexible working
• Company pension
• Social events and a cup of tea and a biscuit any time you like