IPS is a leading technical supplier to the events industry – there aren’t many major events without a bit of our equipment involved somewhere! IPS works in three key business areas: Staging & Structures, Technical Production, and Trade Hire. Within each of these areas, projects involve Staging, Rigging, Lighting, Sound, Video, and Power Equipment, which forms the majority of the IPS hire inventory. Working for IPS will provide an opportunity to be involved with a variety of exciting projects, from supplying staging for a local school play to providing full technical production for an outdoor music festival. IPS is a rapidly evolving company, and there are excellent opportunities for development within the operation.
The Full Time Hire Co-ordinator role will be based in our busy Milton Keynes offices and will cover all technical disciplines including staging and rigging. Reporting to the Business Manager and MD, this role requires the applicant to have good technical awareness, excellent customer service and communication skills, and be a team player. This role requires someone who is proactive and energetic and is keen to help IPS deliver events to the exacting requirements of our clients and continue to develop and grow the business.
Within the role of Hire Co-ordinator, the following areas of work would be regularly expected to be completed:
– To respond to client enquiries, specifying and pricing equipment for Dry Hire requirements and responding in a timely manner, generating pick lists, and working with the Operations Manager to organise deliveries and collections as required.
– Develop technical, practical and creative solutions to meet the needs of our clients, possibly working on other projects depending on experience.
– Liaise with clients and suppliers to form long-term working relationships
– Undertake other tasks and responsibilities as directed by the Business Manager or MD onsite based upon the changing needs of the business
– To identify and undertake appropriate training and development as agreed with your line manager
– To identify and advise the company on the latest equipment, trends, and techniques, especially within the specialist area
– To adhere to, and assist with the development of all Company and industry health and safety regulations; being responsible for your own health and safety and that of others, ensuring fire precautions and emergency procedures are complied with whilst working at IPS.
– Ensure compliance with and assist with the development of the Company’s written standard practice and departmental procedures as detailed in the Handbook
– To act as an ambassador for IPS in the representation of the Company at exhibitions, internal/external meetings and events, and all other times
– To Maintain strict confidentiality at all times
– Excellent communication skills, Ability to interact appropriately with customers, other employees, and other industry professionals, and develop relationships with clients and suppliers
– Must have technical knowledge of all equipment used within the events and entertainment industry.
– Strong administrative office skills, including the use of Microsoft Office applications and rental management software. A knowledge of Hire Track would be an advantage.
– An awareness of and interest in the staging, rigging, and technical equipment that forms the IPS inventory, ideally gained through experience working with relevant equipment (appropriate qualification will also be considered)
– Punctual, reliable, and able to work both independently and to help find solutions for the varied requirements of our customers.
– Self-motivated, and interested in learning about our industry and both new and existing equipment and techniques.
As a full-time employee, your salary will be dependent on experience and will be based on a 42.5-hour working week, paid monthly on the last working day of the month. Overtime may be available and will be paid after completion of the standard 42.5 hours. IPS has free onsite parking.
IPS offers 20 days paid annual leave, plus bank holidays. This will increase to 22 days after two years of service and will increase by one day for each year completed up to a maximum of 25 days. Statutory sick pay and enhanced maternity/paternity benefits will be payable as appropriate.
IPS regularly provides training to employees as appropriate and will help staff wishing to gain skills in areas helpful to the business, including forklift license courses, and product-specific training. IPS will provide safety boots and gloves, as well as branded T-Shirts and jackets which form the workplace uniform.
IPS offers private health care to all staff with two years of service through Vitality Health. All staff with under two years of service will have access to Vitality at work.
Break area with pool table, regular staff social events such as Christmas Party, End of Summer Staff BBQ, as well as visits from a variety of street food vendors throughout the year, and individual team nights out.