IPS is a leading technical supplier to the event industry – there aren’t many major events without a bit of our equipment involved somewhere! IPS works in three key business areas: Staging & Structures, Technical Production and Trade Hire. Within each of these areas, projects involve staging, rigging, lighting, sound, video and power equipment, which forms the majority of the IPS hire inventory. Working for IPS will provide an opportunity to be involved with a variety of projects, from supplying staging for a local school play to a providing full technical production for an outdoor music festival.
The Workshop Engineer/Manager role will be based in our busy Milton Keynes warehouse. Reporting to the Managing Director this role requires the applicant to have good communication skills and be a team player.
Within the role of WorkshopEngineer/Manager, the following areas of work would be regularly expected to be completed:
– Daily Management of the Service Department
– Staff recruitment, performance reviews and appraisals for the Service Department team
– To adhere to all Company and industry health and safety regulations; being responsible for your own health and safety and that of others, ensuring fire precautions and emergency procedures are complied with both at the warehouse and onsite
– Ensure compliance within the Company’s written standard practice and departmental procedures as detailed in the Handbook
– Manage the Maintenance, Test, and repair of IPS equipment as required, this will include the management of all Electrical and LOLER inspections to ensure all equipment hired out is within test date and reports available to customer
– Ensure that any repair or remedial work is cost effective when compared to equipment replacement value
– Liaise with manufacturers for product specific training for the workshop team
– Ensure equipment is quickly returned into service so it doesn’t affect any bookings. Liaise with the project managers if a shortage issue will arise due to repairs
– Maintain log of repair costs including time to charge back where damage is as a result of misuse
– Work with IPS suppliers to obtain replacement parts or additional service information as required
– Carry out any manufacturer and product upgrades as required across all divisions of the business
– To liaise with the asset manager that all equipment coming into the business which is added to our hire stock asset system as well as clearly identified as IPS property and have all its required accessories associated and to ensure correct maintenance procedures are in place along with the testing & maintenance needs of the item
– Maintain workshop and work areas in a clean and orderly state. Ensure walkways are kept clear of obstruction
– To identify and undertake appropriate training and development as agreed with your line manager
– Through continual training and experience, to service, maintain equipment efficiently and to the highest possible standards
– To act as an ambassador for IPS in the representation of the Company at exhibitions, internal/external meetings and events and all other times
– To Maintain Strict confidentiality at all times
– Good communication skills, Ability to interact appropriately with other employees, other industry professionals, suppliers and occasionally customers.
– Previous experience of service work with equipment within the entertainment industry
– Ability to assist with the diagnosing and repair of equipment throughout the complete IPS inventory
– A methodical approach with excellent attention to detail is required to accurately work with the varied IPS equipment inventory
– Punctual, reliable and able to work both independently and within a team, to often tight time constraints
– Practical Qualifications (such as a PAT test qualification or relevant C&G testing certificates) would be desirable but not essential, as training can be given
– Understanding that the role will require both physical and technical ability
– Self-motivated, interested in learning about our industry and both new and existing equipment
– Passport and Eligibility to work in the UK
– Basic Maths and Computer skills will be required to complete this role
As a full time employee, your salary will be dependent on experience and will be based on a 42.5 hour working week, paid monthly on the last working day of the month. Overtime may be available and will be paid after completion of the standard 42.5 hours. IPS has free onsite parking.
IPS offers 20 days paid annual leave, plus bank holidays. This will increase to 22 days after two years’ service and will increase by one day for each year completed up to a maximum of 25 days. Statutory sick pay and enhanced maternity/paternity benefits will be payable as appropriate.
IPS regularly provides training to employees as appropriate and will help staff wishing to gain skills in areas helpful to the business, including forklift license courses, and product specific training. IPS will provide safety boots and gloves, as well as branded T-Shirts and jackets which form the workplace uniform.
IPS offers private health care to all staff with two years’ service through Vitality Health. All staff with under two years’ service will have access to Vitality at work.
Break area with pool table, regular staff social events such as Christmas Party, End of Summer Staff BBQ, as well as visits from a variety of street food vendors throughout the year and individual team nights out.