Position: Technical Sales (Lighting) – Permanent full-time
Start date: ASAP
Salary: £ 30,000-40,000 Depending on experience
Holidays: 22 days in the first year of employment, plus bank holidays. Increasing to 25 days per year in the second year of employment, plus bank holidays.
Location: North of England Blackburn / Burnley ( On the Road)
Hours: 09:00 – 17:30 (flexibility required)
We are currently seeking an exceptional individual for the role of Technical Sales to join a young, dynamic, and fast paced company.
Primary role: To provide technical and sales support for both customers and fellow team members. This will involve product demonstrations and training across Entedi’s entire product portfolio; however, this role will have a greater focus on products that fall into the lighting category.
Promoting to clients through technical demonstration/training/education of products and after-sales support. Collaborate and commit to the development of product understanding within the UK and Irish markets. Develop valued relationships with existing and potential customers. Travel throughout the UK and Ireland, for client visit, product roadshow and trade exhibitions. Travel to suppliers in other countries for product training and update will be occasional. International trade exhibition attendance/travel may also be expected for the opportunity to keep up to date on the latest product trends and development.
You will have a passion for collaboration, be a great communicator, methodical and a sense of pride in your work.
Position Requirements: –
· Clear knowledge of current technology and practices employed in the live events / production industry
· Real-world-experience of live events
· Respond to customer requests in an accurate and timely manner
· Assess customer’s requirements and offer ideas and solutions to meet their needs
· Build effective working relationships with repeat customers
· Experience of dealing with students / young-people an advantage.
· Creative ability and empathy in the fields of lighting, audio, scenic and production design.
· Flexible approach to working hours.
· Regular UK wide travel for client demos, varying in length of time from day return trips to multiple overnight stays
· Occasional International travel for tradeshow, training and other opportunities
· Track weekly activities using company system and updating opportunity pipeline.
· To assist in the creation of a technical sales plan with the goal of working effectively and efficiently.
· Monitor and report weekly/monthly on progress against the technical sales plan.
· Load and unload trucks using company safety procedures and guidelines
· Assist with general warehouse tasks as needed e.g., Stock take
· Actively engage with all training provided internally and externally
· Keep up to date with partner brand developments and latest product releases
· Use Entedi online shared to-do lists as a method to keep track of tasks and ensure that Entedi team members are kept up to date with your workload
· Willingness and flexibility to facilitate overtime including early starts, late evenings and some weekend work if required
· When not out on product demonstrations/travelling, you will be required to work from the office
Skills and Qualifications required
· Sense of fun
· Experience in a similar role is essential.
· An articulate, eloquent and numerate individual, with excellent interpersonal skills.
· A clear ability to act as a strategic thinker, capable of formulating and presenting ideas and plans.
· Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
· Excellent communicator – by phone and in person.
· Organized, multitasking, detail oriented, accurate.
· Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
· Be able to operate and navigate a PC computer efficiently to intermediate level. Be familiar with and use effectively email and various common Microsoft programs (Word and Excel and Microsoft Teams). Ability to learn and adapt to new software systems
· Clean full UK driving license
This is an exceptional opportunity to be part of a fast-growing young company.
Full training will be provided for all brands that we support.
If you are self-motivated, flexible and have the required skills and abilities coupled with the desire to work with some of the most exciting technologies around, within a company who are committed to career growth and development; apply now!
Entedi is a technology equipment solutions provider.
We pronounce our name entity, as in a company with distinct and independent existence. Entedi is an acronym for Entertainment Technology Distribution. Taking the first two letters from each word forms Entedi.
Our clients use our products typically in stage, theatre, events, touring, film & TV, production, venues, installations, architectural and education.
The demands on our clients to always offer something new and creative and on budget means that finding the right product is critical. Finding the right supply channel is also important. With more and more products flooding the markets thus creating confusion about where investments can make the best return, we think our offering has the customer in mind, because we believe our partners offer product for the long term.
This is why Entedi thinks it’s different. Not only do we care about what we do, we care about our clients being successful and we care about offering solutions that add real value.
Entedi was built by and continues to be run by a team of professional knowledgeable industry people.
At Entedi we are fully committed to supporting our staff. We are using some of the latest cloud-based technologies for our accounts, stock management, CRM and Sales. There will be training on our software systems where required. A dedicated desk, pc and phone system will be provided.
Job Types: Full-time, Permanent
Salary: £30,000.00-£40,000.00 per year
Monday to Friday
Technical Sales: 2 years (preferred)
Work Location: On the road
Application deadline: 22/05/2023
Reference ID: EOA23-10
Expected start date: 01/05/2023