Welcome to The Production Department (TPD for short)
We are a nifty and nimble company with a big ambition: to be the best bods in the events industry and deliver exceptional events around the ruddy world. We are built by and for event industry professionals. We know how hard it is to pull off the perfect event. We’ve done them enough times. But because we have, we’ve got the winning formula. Our team is made up of people with decades of experience in every type of event imaginable, so you’ll be working with some of the most experienced people in the industry.
What’s Important to TPD?
At TPD our values are the Gorilla Glue that hold together everything we do, and we expect our team to demonstrate their commitment to this Gorilla Glue on every job. Just what are these values, then?
Trust – We ask ourselves questions, like, would we trust you to walk the dog? (Answer: probably.) Would we trust you to deliver, act professionally and take responsibility? (Answer: Every. Single. Time.) Could we trust you to find a solution? EVEN if you didn’t create the problem? (Answer: You betcha, that’s what we expect.)
Partnership – Like Shrek and Donkey, together we can achieve great things. Relationships and partnerships are things that grow and compound over time. We make the effort to learn from our clients, colleagues and suppliers – how they work and accommodating their practices (and occasionally suggesting how they can make them better).
Innovation – There’s no resting on our laurels around here. We innovate, we improve, we push things forward… and we expect the same of you. The words “we’ve tried that before” are always accompanied with “and this is what we learnt”.
Pride, Passion & Fun – When people ask “what do you do?”, we say something like this: “we’ve travelled the globe, gone to places we would have never imagined, created experiences for people to enjoy, facilitated events that have changed the world, met colleagues from many cultures who have become friends and had a huge amount of fun along the way. We may not be saving lives but we are not going to regret a single moment of ours.” We know you’ll want to say the same.
OK, Onto The Details…
The Job Title: Production Associate
Location: Home based with UK and international travel as required
Our Production Associates support our Production Managers and Senior Production Managers, providing them with logistic and admin support in anything from virtual events, activations, roadshows, to conferences and sporting events in the UK and around the globe. Last year the team travelled to 24 different countries with our clients- cool, right?
All our Associates from levels 1-3 are put on an intensive learning programme to help them become fully fledged Production Managers- this will include undertaking courses, on the job training and being mentored by one of our fabulous team members.
• Providing admin and logistics support to Production Managers and the Shared Services team across a portfolio of events in the UK and abroad – from conferences, stand build and larger exhibitions
• Providing on-site support at events for the whole team
• Managing and running a portfolio of small size events on behalf of clients (conferences, activations and stand builds)
• Supporting the wider team with event research including flights, venues, new tech, hotels, furniture etc. and obtain quotes for event crew
• Being happy to help with anything else that’s needed
The role will require travel within the UK and abroad, and a need to work flexibly across time zones to meet the needs of the project or client. A suitcase, a passport, and a clean pair of pants are essential parts of any Production Associate’s kit.
• Direct event experience in live events (as a runner, assistant or similar)
• Basic level of understanding of AV equipment and systems
• Fluent English including written and verbal. Additional languages are both impressive and a big bonus
• Strong planning, organisational and interpersonal skills with an attention to detail
• Strong presentation skills and the ability to translate information to anyone, whether they are a fellow geek or not
• Someone who doesn’t need telling what to do all the time, and can slot into a team or work on their own for a bit
• Ability to quickly recognise or anticipate problems and come up with the answer
• Pragmatic and cool as a cucumber under pressure
• Technically savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office and Google products (Excel, PowerPoint)
• Experience in working with third party suppliers and partners
A Bit More About Your Experience
Ideally you’ve already been working in an event or production role as an event technician, production assistant or similar and got some form of direct event experience, both live and virtual with some project management experience.
As well as having transferable skills we are looking for you to have buckets of enthusiasm and a commitment and willingness to learn and get stuck in. (Because otherwise how would anything change or get better?)
What We’ll Offer You…
• £28,000 – 35,000 per annum (depending on experience)
• 25 days holiday
• Continual professional development – we invest in you to become the best, so within your first year will pay for you to become First Aid and IOSH qualified and support you on a tailored programme of learning in areas such as AV, scenic build, show calling and content management
• Flexible working
• Company pension
• Social events and a cup of tea and a biscuit any time you like