Job Description: Production Technician
Company: White Light Ltd.
Department: Business Delivery
Reports to: Head of Business Delivery Resources
Working hours: 40-hours per week over 7-days, contract including evenings and weekends
Overtime is available according to events booked; however, it is not guaranteed.
The Role Summary
Working onsite or during the pre-production process, leading a team or as part of a team, to setup, operate and de-rig audio equipment for the many varied events supplied by White Light. You will also be expected to act as the point of contact on site in the absence of a Project Manager, and be the nominated White Light representative on site to liaise with clients and other suppliers. Some warehouse work may also be required as part of this role when there are no onsite requirements, as well as the adaptability to support other related departments, such as Installations and Technical Service. There may be some involvement with lighting & video projects.
Key Duties and Responsibilities
• Manage a team on site to rig, set up, balance & de-rig audio and related equipment to the expected standard and within the expected time frame (there may be some involvement with lighting & video equipment, but audio will be the primary focus)
• Install and manage technical production equipment
• Operate where appropriate audio control equipment
• Act as the main point of contact on site when required to liaise with clients and venue staff to fulfil the delivery of an event
• Liaise with Hire, Sales, Technical Departments and Project Managers
• Participate in the planning and pre-production of projects, including attending Production & Site Meetings, specifying equipment lists, and undertaking warehouse preparation of equipment for a project.
• Work in compliance with Health & Safety policies, Risk Assessments and all company procedures at all times, and be proactive in implementing them
• High level of knowledge of current audio solutions and their applications
• Proficient in operation of audio systems, networks, consoles, RF equipment, amplifiers & speaker systems
• Good loudspeaker rigging & deployment knowledge
• Good knowledge of current Health and Safety legislation and practices
• Proficient in fault finding and fixing equipment
• Proven IT skills, including use of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Access applications and PowerPoint)
• Working knowledge of an internal e-mail system and electronic diary is essential
• Full clean driving licence preferable
Personal Competencies and Behaviours
• Excellent leadership skills, with the ability to lead a team on site and mentor new and upcoming staff, as well as working as part of a team, often in a high-pressure environment
• Deadline conscious & highly organised with the ability to prioritise and multi-task, managing a challenging workload and meeting strict deadlines
• Willing and flexible approach, with the ability to work on own initiative
• Excellent time management and planning skills, forward thinking and able to add value
• To have a keen awareness of customer service and client satisfaction, and to assist quickly and efficiently with a client enquiry
Apart from the duties summarised in this job description, we retain the right in consultation with the post holder to include other reasonable duties, which are part of, and incidental to, this type of work. ¬
¬We want to recruit, and retain the most talented people, regardless of their background. We recognise that being a diverse and inclusive employer helps us fulfil our responsibility to make a difference for our staff, our clients and in our industry. Actively valuing differences enhances the way we work and people from different backgrounds and experiences bring valuable insights to the way we operate; generating new ideas and perspectives as well making us representative of the community and society